blinds for cars

Post by charliebrown »

does anyone know the correct material that the rear roller blinds are made of
kind regards charlie brown
Martin27

Re: blinds for cars

Post by Martin27 »

Hello Charlie
I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me would pop up and give you the definitive answer but the silence is deafening! The short answer is I don't know which is not particularly helpful.

However.

I believe the perceived wisdom would suggest traditional material would be silk. Having said that I don't think Austin used silk.

I have just been out to have a look at my car - 1927 20/4 Mayfair - and as I knew already all my blinds have been renewed. The material has the look and feel of a thin cotton and a very light brown or beige colour. When I pull the blind down to its fullest extent I can see the remnants of what must be the original material still stuck to the wooden roller. It is very similar to the replacement material although a little darker in colour. I am convinced it is not silk. Silk has a gloss or sheen to it. This looks and feels like cotton to me, or maybe linen. Whatever you eventually opt for, you need to avoid the "blind" material which is more appropriate to blackout curtains and use something thinner and translucent.

Sorry I can't be more help.
Keep safe
Martin
Ross

Post by Ross »

Hi Charlie
it's important you get the blinds right, or it will be curtains for you.
DHutch

Post by DHutch »

Thanks for that Ross.... :lol:
gary jackson1

Post by gary jackson1 »

its umberella material