pinion and bush for speedo drive Heavy 12/4 1934

This is the area for discussions regarding spares for your Austins
alan pepper

pinion and bush for speedo drive Heavy 12/4 1934

Post by alan pepper »

I have lost the speedo drive pinion and bush from my 1934 Heavy 12/4 whilst repairing my speedometer. The easiest solution will be to buy them if anyone has spares. Failing that I need photographs, drawings and measurements so that I can accurately describe the parts to identify possible replacements or to have the parts manufactured,which is possible. The 1930's gear box is different from the earlier type,with the speedo drive at the rear end of the gear box, after the back bearing,near the prop shaft connection. I really am in need of these parts as the car is not road legal without the speedometer.Can anyone help Alan Pepper
SimonB

Re: pinion and bush for speedo drive Heavy 12/4 1934

Post by SimonB »

does anyone know if it's anything like the Light 12/4? I have one from a '38 g/b if that's any use?
alan pepper

Post by alan pepper »

Hello Simon, I appreciate you looking for the pinion. The only description I have is the drawing in the Austin Parts book of the gearbox parts which shows only the pinion,not the bush. If yours is available, I am willing to buy it,or borrow it to measure the gear teeth,whatever it takes to find one or to make one. I am available on 01709 584547 or m_pepper@sky.com and I am willing to travel to find a pinion and bush to buy or copy Kind Regards, Alan Pepper
SimonB

Post by SimonB »

Hello Alan,
I've emailed you.
Regards
Simon
alan pepper

Post by alan pepper »

Hello Simon, Great news for me! I was lucky to get a pinion for my Austin from Bob James,who was so very helpful :Many thanks again for your concern and effort Kind Regards AlanPepper