New Members Say Hello.

Welcome to VAR - Vintage Austin Register Forum
Keith1929

Re: New Members Say Hello.

Post by Keith1929 »

Hello
I am Keith and I live in Hertfordshire with my family and 1929 Burnham 12/4 which we have owned since 1990.
I have a few spares for sale so watch the for sale section of our magazine!
Good weather for the Wollaton Park Rally and a reasonable number of our cars . I look forward to seeing more at regional events during the summer.
Austin-App73-77

Post by Austin-App73-77 »

Welcome Keith.
Good to see another member on here.
Please spread the word with any others you may know about this Forum.
Measure twice -Cut once!
Sanchez37LL

Post by Sanchez37LL »

Hello!

I am one of the newest members so thought I would post here. I have a 1937 Heavy 12 Low Loader with a Strachan body. The taxi has been sitting since 1987 about 100 miles south of Chicago. Maine problem was, it was missing its crankcase as it was sent out for repairs and never was fixed. The owners was told it was broken and not fixable. Two weeks after the initial purchase, I found a second one 80 miles from home that is almost rusted out, none of the wood in the back was left. Rear doors had fallen off. but it had a complete drive train.

Work has been slow on the taxi since parts here are impossible to source. Joined the VAR for help and it seems to be working. I am also a member of the London Vintage Taxi Association.

Regards,

Pat Sanchez
Palatine, IL
USA
Mklintott

Post by Mklintott »

Hi! Thanks to the VAR for a great looking site - I'm sure it will soon fill with valuable info and Austin gossip!

I'm joining or rather taking over my father's (Bob Lintott) membership and his 1930 16/6 Open road Tourer. He passed away in May last year leaving me and my 2 brothers to look after the car. It has been in the family since about 1968 and as kids my brothers and I watched as the Austin came together over a couple of years. Its now a family fixture and much loved by us and our children. We will be fettling and using it a little more in the future I hope. Here's a couple of pictures..

Cheers
Mark
Attachments
IMG_0910 (1) copy.jpg
IMG_0910 (1) copy.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 9711 times
Mark
Taiwan/UK
Austin-App73-77

Hi Mark.
Great to see you and your car posted on the forum.
I have recently took over the admin for the forum and I think you are the first to post since I started the job.
Sad news about your father but great news that you are going to keep the Austin and stay in our club.
Do you have any photos of the car as your father got it and any progress shots you could post on the before and after page?
Good luck and happy safe motoring.
Rob.
Measure twice -Cut once!
Mklintott

Post by Mklintott »

Thanks for the welcome rob. I'll try to dig out some before shots when I'm next in the UK. There are almost 45 years of after shots of course!

mark
Mark
Taiwan/UK
Per Arne Heltne

Post by Per Arne Heltne »

Hello, I have a Austin 16/6 1928 open car. I have problem With posting photo here in the forum. Ho manny open 16/6 where prodused in 1928 ?
And ho manny exist today ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdD4oE7 ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Per Arne Heltne on Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austin-App73-77

Welcome to our forum - good to have members using this forum :D
Measure twice -Cut once!
Media-Moderator
Site Admin

Post by Media-Moderator »

We now have 100 members on our forum :D
Welcome member 100 Humphrey47
Chairman12/4

Post by Chairman12/4 »

Hi Rob , James Gosling here . Many thanks for the help today getting me onto the forum !

Best

James