New Members Say Hello.

Welcome to VAR - Vintage Austin Register Forum
BANGER-BOB

New Members Say Hello.

Post by BANGER-BOB »

Hi everyone.
I'm new to the VAR and this forum.
My name is Rob Lewis and I live in Dumbleton Worcestershire.
I have a very sad looking 1928 Austin Heavy 12/4 in need of a great amount of TLC and also many missing parts.
My user name relates to my family firework display business not old bangers!
I also teach engineering Apprentices as my day job with over 45 years experience as an engineer - I am an Austin Ex-Apprentice and still serve as a committee member.
If you have any spare parts such as artillery wheels, a radiator and cowl or any body parts I would be very interested.
vintage124

Re: New Members Say Hello.

Post by vintage124 »

Bob, welcome to the VAR

Currently I am on holiday and 300 miles from home but I may be able to assist you regarding a radiator cowl and radiator support. Sadly they are both in need of some TLC.

When I get home next week, I will happily send you some photos, if you send me your email address, I live in Northumberland.

Clive K.
Austin-App73-77

Post by Austin-App73-77 »

Hi Clive.
Thank you for your reply.
I have been unable to log in as BangerBob for some unknown reason so I have registered as Austin-App73-77 and will be using that name from now on.
Yes please send me some photos of the radiator parts you may be able to help me with.
Thanks again
Bob.
Measure twice -Cut once!
TomStapledon47

Post by TomStapledon47 »

Hi folks, it looks like we're a bit thin on the ground here on this forum. I hope it picks up and becomes more popular with VAR members. I live on the Wirral in North West England I've been a member since 2002 when I bought my 1931 12/4 New Windsor saloon, NFF495, known as Princess. At that time I was already the owner of a 1933 A7 RP box saloon and a 10/4 saloon although I have now parted with the 10. Both cars are in good running order, on the road and used for rallies throughout the summer season. I was prompted to register here to seek help after I pranged the 12 by trying to drive out of the garage while one of the back doors was open, and smashed it back into the garage door, doing serious damage to the door frame, hinges and wing. (Please don't ask why). It was a senior moment while getting the car loaded and ready to leave for the last rally of the season.It put a bit of a damper on proceedings, although the car is still usable. Fortunately, I have found a repairer locally who assures me he can straighten things out and the car goes in next week. The nice people at RH Insurance will be picking up the £720 bill for my stupidity. Hey Ho.

Tom
viking_100

Post by viking_100 »

Hi All
Hello! I am also a new member to the VAR, and would like to introduce myself. My name is Glenn from Lincoln, and I am in the process of purchasing my first 12/4 Clifton tourer. I look forward to meeting my fellow VAR members at local and national shows and rallies, and (if work commitments permit!) I would also like to offer my services in the Lincoln area, if any help with shows, meetings, or rallies was needed by other local VAR members. Kindest Regards. Glenn
Paul 1964

Post by Paul 1964 »

Hi Glen have you been down the Lincolnshire Vintage Vehicle Society we have quite a few Austins and a 12/4 which I drive on our open days, we are open Easter Sunday if you want a local day out.
Best Wishes
Paul
Martin

Post by Martin »

My name's Martin and I have a 1929 heavy 12/4 Burnham.It was unused for nearly 30 years but it is now running well and I am enjoying using it.
Austin-App73-77

Post by Austin-App73-77 »

Hi Martin.
Good to see a new member joining the forum.
I'm restoring 2 x 1928 Heavy 12/4s - are you anywhere near Worcestershire?
Rob.
Measure twice -Cut once!
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hello Rob,
I'm down on the south coast, near Chichester.Thats interesting that you are restoring 2 12/4 at the same time mine took me a year to get right, its going well now. It seems to be a bit quiet on our forum hopefully it will pick up. Martin
Mikeg7210 _+[]

Post by Mikeg7210 _+[] »

Hi
My name is Mike and I am based near Fareham Hants.A long time VAR member with a 1927 Austin 12/4 saloon with Mulliner body.Bought her when I was a student in 1963,only the third owner and I know the history of the car since she was bought and then spent the next 30 years in Scarborough owned by an estate agent..She was totally restored about 8 years ago and is quite reliable and popular for weddings.i converted her to coil ignition a few years ago which was a big improvement on performance.
Look forward to contact from any local 12/4 owners.