AGM 2016 FEEDBACK

A dedicated area to discuss events past and present , perhaps let others know of an event in your area!
drocke

AGM 2016 FEEDBACK

Post by drocke »

I am a new member of the VAR having joined just in time to get invited to the AGM. Like everyone else I am also new to this forum and thought this was an opportunity to try it out by providing some feedback.
The meeting was well run and relatively informative for a new member. The introduction of the committee members helped to put names to faces and people one had read about. It was also good to get a chance to meet other members over lunch and the tea break and hear something about themselves and their cars or in some cases their fleet!
The location is easy to get to with plenty of interest to see and a good cafe. All being well I will attend again next year.
Thank you to all the committee for the work they do and for making the AGM an event worth going to.

David
New custodian of 12/4 Windsor
Mike01

Re: AGM 2016 FEEDBACK

Post by Mike01 »

Thank you David, your feedback on the AGM is much appreciated.

For those who could not make it, the venue is excellent with much to see.so try to make it next year, you will not be disappointed.
The committee does not rambler on endlessly, but gives you a report of the years business,with time for you to question the committee.
This allows for plenty of time to view the museum and to chat to fellow members over tea or coffee.

The next AGM is 30th September 2017 at Gaydon

Best Regards to all
Mike Eggenton
Mike01

VAR National rall. Sunday 4th June 2017 Wollaton Park Nottingham

Post by Mike01 »

An update on the VAR National rally.

After the cancellation of the VAR 2016 rally at Avoncroft, largely through lack of interest it was suggested that we should try to incorporate our rally with the Pre War Austin 7 clubs rally at the AUTOKARNA event Wollaton Park Nottingham.
I contacted Chris Garner the PWA7C Chairman with the suggestion and Chris came back to me with a very definite yes we would love to have you with us.

The VAR will have a allocated space for us to display our cars and a stall with our club spares.
The AUTOKARNA event is at Wollaton Park with the magnificent Elizabethan hall in the background.
This is a good family event for all.With a autojumble and excellent car displays both old and new, fairground rides and much more.
Rally application forms will be available from the VAR nearer the time.

Further info can be found on the Autokarna website at http://www.experiencenottinghamshire.com

Mike