VAR AGM Venue

A dedicated area to discuss events past and present , perhaps let others know of an event in your area!
Martin27

VAR AGM Venue

Post by Martin27 »

Hello all
At the AGM just held it was suggested that it may be time to find a new venue for the VAR AGM. This was triggered by the proposed increase in room hire fee charged by Gaydon. If you look in the September 2017 VAR newsletter you will see the current fee under the heading "Room Hire". The proposed increase is in the order of 33% which in my view takes the charge from "expensive" to "exorbitant". I fully understand that for this fee we get free access to the museum and parking on site. Gaydon is also well located in the centre of the country giving the best chance for as many members as possible to attend but the new fee is, in my opinion, just too expensive.

Someone at the meeting suggested Brooklands but that is much too far south and it would take much more than a club meeting to persuade me to venture inside the M25!

I think we need to stay within a reasonable distance of central England and Gaydon was ideal from this point of view, however there are alternatives. How about the transport museum at Coventry?

It has the attraction of a good motor museum, a cafe and meeting rooms for hire. The downside is is it does not have its own on site car parking but there is pay & display at reasonable cost nearby. They also allow "proper" cars to park on the forecourt to the front of the main building.

They claim to be "car club friendly" so I would expect the cost to be substantially lower than Gaydon but this would have to be negotiated by the committee.

So what do you all think?

Martin
Austin-App73-77

Re: VAR AGM Venue

Post by Austin-App73-77 »

Sounds good to me
Measure twice -Cut once!
Ben Wall

Re: VAR AGM Venue

Post by Ben Wall »

Certainly sounds as though it is worth investigating