Woolaton 2017

A dedicated area to discuss events past and present , perhaps let others know of an event in your area!
drocke

Woolaton 2017

Post by drocke »

Some photos of the rally at Woolaton. Thank you to those that organised it and those that travelled with their cars.
A good venue with plenty to do. Shame there was no pre circulated information about the timing of the judging and award of prizes as many may have missed this.

https://goo.gl/photos/WEZyHreof5vHLF7v6

I am trying out a way of posting images that should not take up space on the forum site. Click on the link. Let me know if it worked!

David
Mike01

Re: Woolaton 2017

Post by Mike01 »

David
The Wollaton photographs came up very quickly and look good.
Pity about the two old farts with the cup, do we know who they are? We should be told!!

Mike
Mike01

Re: Woolaton 2017. The Post Mortem.

Post by Mike01 »

Several members were not happy with the Wollaton event, expressing their opinions to the VAR and to Chris Garner PWA7C.
Chris got it in the neck regarding the lack of organisation, the marshalling being one of the big bones of contention.
I think perhaps PWA7C members have forgotten that Chris was having a problem getting enough volunteers to cover the rally, I can only assume that this is why the marshalling was carried out by Nott's City council. Personally I had no problem getting in or out, however getting out on to the main road does need addressing, this is a serious safety issue.

It was decided at the last VAR committee meeting that due to the negative response by some VAR members, and that Tony Smallbone and Colin Clarke will organise the VAR national rally 2018. It will revert back to Avoncroft, with Tony and Colin once again organising the event.

While Wollaton Rally will not be the venue for the VAR national rally 2018, many members who enjoyed the event will be supporting Wollaton as well as Avoncroft.

Happy Rallying
Mike
DHutch

Re: Woolaton 2017

Post by DHutch »

Bumping up an old thread, but it looks like a good event and turnout, looking forward to meeting you all once we are allow to meet up again.

Hopefully 2021 will allow local outdoor car meets and the like during summer.

Daniel