DVLA consultation on Roadworthiness Testing

A dedicated area to discuss events past and present , perhaps let others know of an event in your area!
drocke

DVLA consultation on Roadworthiness Testing

Post by drocke »

The Department for Transport is running an open consultation on the roadworthiness testing of vehicles of historic interest. The closing date for responses is 2nd November 2016.
No doubt the VAR committee is responding on behalf of the club but it is of course open to anyone to respond , who has an interest, directly and I would encourage owners to do so. The details are on this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... c-interest

You can either respond online or via email.

Happy reading
David
DHutch

Re: DVLA consultation on Roadworthiness Testing

Post by DHutch »

drocke wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:22 pm The Department for Transport is running an open consultation on the roadworthiness testing of vehicles of historic interest. The closing date for responses is 2nd November 2016.
No doubt the VAR committee is responding on behalf of the club but it is of course open to anyone to respond , who has an interest, directly and I would encourage owners to do so. The details are on this link:

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultat ... c-interest

You can either respond online or via email.

Happy reading
David
This was presumably ahead of the change we all saw in May 2018 for vehicles over 40 years.

At the time I didn't have a car which qualified, but I do have a 1991 (30yo) Westfield kitcar made of parts old enough the donor car would qualify and I must say I disagreed with the changes. I know all my cars well, if not inside out, and am a competent mechanic and qualified engineer trying to do the right thing. However the annual test serves as a reminder for the list of things I mean to get around to, as well as a second set of eyes and access to equipment such as brake tester I dont own. With an older or different car you have to pick the test station slightly to get the best results as some are more experienced at things other than newer cars than other, but equally the rules are reasonable written an work if applied appropriately.

Daniel