Last time I did this repair, I used a Rolls Royce manual which suggested a maximum of 25lbs at 17.5" and made a tool that did this. It was set at 20 lbs and recently tested the same unit which then tested at 6 lbs which may have been due to the dry plates of the original that I had modified from some Wolseley Hornet clutch facings. I never noticed any vibrations.
I just found that with new bolts, with the springs fully compressed then released 1/4 turn, I got a reading of 15 to 20 lbs, which I feel confident will be ok. (difficult to measure due to stiction)
The new bolts and nuts were made from 8mm bolts with the heads and nuts reduced to match the originals. I will be using threadlock in case of any mischief.
Servicing, Repairs & Restoration for your Austins.
1 post • Page 1 of 1